Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Mr. independent and RSV

 Our poor Logan had RSV the week before we moved.  I took him into the doctor and he told me there was nothing we could do, we just needed to let it run it's coarse.  This was the sickest I have ever seen him!  We watched a lot of movies, read lots of books and cuddled on the couch.  He has never been a cuddly baby so this was a good change for me.  For 2 days when I would get him up for the day it was like getting a newborn dressed, he would just lay there limp, usually I have a very wiggly toddler on my hands.  We are very lucky it never got bad enough to take him into the ER.  This RSV lasted a good week and a half and is contagious for at least 3 weeks.  The doctor said that this year it is spreading like crazy, and that it is common in babies.  I never new how tiring it is to have such a sick baby!  It is a beast and I would not wish it on anyone.  Jonny and I both got it but wasn't as bad.
 This picture just wants to make me cry he was so miserable.
 I was having a rough day, it was day 7 with Logan having RSV and I was tired, Jonny bought me Jack in the box and these flowers! Such a great husband.
 He soon perked up and got back to his normal self!  He has become quit the independent little guy, or so he thinks!
He has decided that he is big enough to feed himself with a spoon.  That is why he is still in his pj's we just take them off and wash them when he is done.  We are still working on making at least half in his mouth.  But he is loving his new talent!

No comments: